Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poor Tucker and his teeth!


Say a little prayer for Tucker! He is going to the vet tomorrow for surgery. I noticed last Wednesday night by complete chance that Tucker's teeth looked like they were dead...they literally looked rotten. I'm not talking a little bit of tarter people, I am talking brown with inflamed gums. One of his teeth had already fallen out and two others were hanging on for dear life.

Jason and I of course flipped out, but thought this was so strange because Tucker just had his annual check-up a few months ago and he got a clean bill of health. I called his vet the next morning and they advised me to bring him in.

It was determined that he has a bacteria infection in his mouth which caused he teeth to rot and his gums to deteriorate. The vet pulled the teeth that were hanging on...they actually just kind of fell out as she was examining him.

Tucks is now in an antibiotic to treat the bacteria and has to go in on Monday for the following:

-Blood work to make sure the rest of his body hasn't been affected by the bacteria
-Teeth extractions...he is going to be practically toothless!
-Teeth cleaning for the ones that don't go
-Anesthesia/IV/post-op medicine
-Plaque prevention gel
-Barrier sealants on teeth
-Radiograph
-More Antibiotics

What does this all equate to? A healthy puppy (we hope) and a lot of $$$. Not something we were planning for, especially with our wedding in just a few months. Sorry I am complaining so much, but it is so stressful...sometimes it is good to vent and do a blog post that isn't all roses.

Money problems suck! I am so thankful though for my job and for Jason's job. Everyday I read about more layoffs taking place. I truly appreciate having such a great job that I actually enjoy and look forward to going to. I know layoffs are a major possibility so my plan is to continue to work as hard as I can and pray that I will be staying where I am for a long, long time!!!

So, I got off topic-back to Tucker! I know he will be fine, but I will still be worrying about the little guy while he is at the vet on Monday. I will be picking him up Monday afternoon and will certainly let you know how he is.

By the way...Ashley and I won the Southern Weddings Photo Contest! We actually got first place!!! Thank you so much to everyone who voted for us!!!

No comments: