Sunday, September 28, 2008

I love this time of year!!!


I am so excited about this time of year! It makes me so incredibly giddy. Don't get me wrong, by the time summer rolls around I can't wait to wear summer dresses and drink fruity drinks by the pool, but right now, I am so over those things!
Now I am excited about cooler weather, tall boots, fall colors, pumpkin patches, Halloween, walks in the park with Tucker, and jackets!!! I live in Houston, so when I say cooler weather, it is still hot, but it is a little cool in the morning and then is actually bearable in the afternoon. You aren't drenched with sweat just from walking to your car.

Right now, I am sitting at a cafe waiting for my accounting study group to arrive. We are meeting at 1:30, but I got here early so I could scope out a good table and eat some lunch...I hate eating in front of strangers while trying to study at the same time! Any one else share this anxiety with me? My motivation for this study session is to get out soon so I can go enjoy this gorgeous day!

Yesterday, Jason and I finished decorating my apartment for the Halloween/Fall. It looks awesome! I will try and post pics later today. We decorated the living room and kitchen, but the best part is the balcony. I found some candy corn lights at Michael's that we outlined my window in. I out out a few candles and pumpkins on the balcony. The final touch comes from Jason. He just had to have this super-scary skeleton character that lights up. We found it at Walgreen's for only $9.99. So what we did was prop it up as if it is sitting on one of my porch chairs. It is REALLY cute at night because it lights up so it looks really festive, but I noticed that during the daytime it just looks scary. Just wait until you see it...Jason and I have to compromise on the Halloween decorating. I like the cutesy pumpkins, fall leaves, and black cats, while Jason likes the cemetery themed characters that really scare you! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE haunted houses and scary movies, but I just don't want to live in one for an entire month.

What I really want to do later today is organize my closet, put away from summery pieces and pulling out all of my winter pieces. This is probably really premature considering it will not get cold here until January, but I am getting antsy! Below is a list of things that I am most excited about for this season:

1. Trench Coats - great for any city! My fave is a classic khaki trench. Looks great with pants and especially jeans for a casual, but preppy look!

2. Tall Boots...since these can get expensive and money is TIGHT I will be enjoying my boots from last year...hopefully they are in good shape. Luckily I bought a pair with a classic look to them via Anne Klein.

3. Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Peppermint Mocha's from Starbucks

4. Driving with the windows rolled down and the sunroof open

5. Making Tucker wear sweaters (I know, I am evil, but he just looks so cute)

6. Turtlenecks...I am obsessed with turtlenecks! I think they look great on everyone and look so classy and put together. Jason just doesn't understand this obsession and makes fun of me every time I wear them. He doesn't understand how wearing something around your neck can be comfortable.

7. Scarves

8. Darker color lipsticks that you just can't get away with in the summer, likes plums and berry colors

9. Tights and leggings. I love, love, love wearing skirts and tights with cute boots or pumps!!! Plus, tights (if you buy them with a control top, can hold your fat tummy in!)

10. Uggs. I know these are not "in-style" anymore, but if you have ever put a pair of Ugg boots on your feet, you would wear them all winter too. Don't worry, I don't wear them to work or anything, but I have them on in the morning, directly after work and on the weekends. They just make me feel better after a bad day! I have had my pair since 2004 so they are a good investment. I really want a new pair this year that are taller!!! Just add those to my wish list of things that I can't afford!

No comments: